Monday, October 5, 2009

Source map for my watercolor kit.

I am curious about where my watercolor kit comes from. It was given to me as a gift in Israel, and I took it from there to California then Boston. The watercolor kit is made by Talens based in Apeldoorn, Netherlands. However their website did not mention whether the product is made in Netherlands or not. I am assuming it is not for reason that 1)it is reasonably priced. 2) they did not explicitly say that it is manufactured in the Netherlands.
Curiously, the city Apeldoorn has a signed agreement for economic cooperation with the city of Yichang in China. Yichang has long been a major transit port and distribution center of goods. Therefore I have a strong suspicion that product is actually made in China, delivered from Yichang at least.
The watercolor pigments are made by mixing gum arabic and powdered pigments. I have gotten the chemical ingredients from the company of most the color used in the kit, from what I know, are synthetic and are non-toxic.




No comments:

Post a Comment